Introduction: What is a Room Heater, How Does it Work & What Kinds are Available?
A room heater is a type of electric appliance that provides warmth to a single room. It can often be plugged into an outlet, but there are also portable models available. When the appliance is turned on, it heats up coils or an element inside the unit which produces heat.
There are two types of room heaters available on the market today – electric and gas/propane. Electric models are more energy-efficient than gas models but they are not as cost-effective for large spaces due to their higher price tag.
Best Types of Room Heaters for Different Rooms in Your Home
The best types of room heaters for your home will depend on the size of your space and what you need it to do.
Heaters come in all shapes and sizes, and finding the best one for your home can be a daunting task. To make it easier, we’ve compiled a list of the best room heaters and what they’re good for. A space heater for a large room is going to be larger and produce more heat than a space heater for a bedroom. The best type of room heater for a child is one that doesn’t have open flames, making it safe from potential accidents.
The Benefits of Owning a Room Heater
We are more aware of the benefits of our room heater. We know that they keep us warm during winter, are cheaper to use than home heating, and are more efficient for heating up a small space. There are other benefits that we might not have considered before. Here are some of the advantages of owning a room heater.
1) Room heaters can help you save money on your electric bill- Room heaters don’t use much electricity, which will end up saving you money over time when compared to your air conditioning or your home heating system.
2) Room heaters can help decrease energy usage- Many people use their room heater as a supplement for their air conditioner, which will lower the amount of energy used in one day by about 20%. This also means that it
Tips for Buying the Best Room Heater For Your Home
The best room heater should be able to meet the needs of your home and provide you with a comfortable living environment.
– Keep in mind that heaters are not the same as air conditioners, so they cannot cool rooms. You should not use a heater to cool your home if it is already humid, as this could lead to condensation which will cause water damage.
– Energy efficiency also matters a lot. It is always better to choose a model that has an Energy Star certification and a high energy efficiency rating from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This way, you can reduce your electricity costs.
Top 5 Room Heater
The best Room Heater
Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater (White)
Rs. 1,068 in stock
- Meant for Spot Heating, Room Size: Upto 250 sq ft. 100% Pure Copper Wire Motor for long life
- Ideal for a small / medium room only, i.e., up to 250 sq. ft. when operated at 2000 watt heat setting. Makes some noise due to fan. Body Material: Plastic, Metal
- Refer the wattage chart image for locating heater wattage requirement for your room size. Safety Mesh Grill
- Plug type: 15A, do not plug in the standard 5 or 6A socket, you may require a 3 pin plug or extension cord to act as a 5-15A convertor but can not be used for long time with extension cord
- Non sagging, stitching type and long life heating element, Safety cut-off, Overheat Protection
Amazon Brand - Solimo 2000-Watt ISI certified Room Heater Ideal for Small to Medium Room (White)
Rs. 1,099 in stock
- Powerful 2400 RPM copper winded motor for quick heating and can be used vertically or horizontally (kindly refer to images);Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your room heater for the 1st time. This is due to the motor varnish getting heated for the 1st time. The problem should not recur in subsequent usage. If it does, please contact our Customer support
- Caution - Always use the product with 16A socket. Using it on lower rating sockets may result in melting of socket or the plug. This is 2 KW heater. It will consume 2 units per hour when operated on high heat setting.;Air throw range of 10 feet which is ideal for small to medium sized room; Product can be placed both vertically and horizontally (kindly refer to images)
- Cool, Warm or Hot wind selection knob for heat setting; Please note that regulator changes heating power & not actual fan speed;Lightweight (1.15 kg) for easy portability between rooms; Plastic body with rust-free metal grill front
- Built-in overheating protection;Power: 2000 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 - 240 volts; Package contents: 1 Room Heater and Instructions Manual;This model Fan Speed is fixed, not regulated by knob
- Size Name: 3
USHA (3002) 800-Watt Quartz Room Heater with Overheating Protection
Rs. 1,249 in stock
- Meant for Spot Heating; Voltage/Frequency: 230V/50Hz/1 Phase
- Room Size: Upto 150 sq ft; Ideal for a small room only, i.e., up to 120 sq. ft. Touch Sensor: No. :Tip-over Switch : Yes
- Safety tip over switch cuts off the heater in case it tilts or falls; Powder coated finish to prevent corrosion
- Designed for low power consumption; There are two heating positions to suit your comfort; Country of Origin: India
- Size Name: Others
Orpat OEH-1260 2000-Watt Fan Heater (Grey)
Rs. 1,427 in stock
- Meant for Spot Heating; Safety Mesh Grill; 100% Pure Copper Wire Motor for longer life;Room Size: Upto 250 sq ft. Tip-over Switch : No
- Ideal for a small/medium sized room only. Makes some noise due to fan;Non sagging, stitching type and long life heating element
- Safety cut-off , Auto-revolving Heater , Overheat Protection , Touch Sensor;Thermal cut-off for added safety
- Two heat settings-1000 watts and 2000 watts;Can be used as fan; Variable thermostat setting
- Material Type: Plastic
Havells Cista Room Heater
Rs. 2,249 in stock
- Cool touch body with One year warranty
- Warranty: One year warranty
- Includes: room Heater
- Heat setting: Two heat Settings: 1 W & 2 W ; Peak Air Velocity: 3. m/s ; Power input: (22 - 24)V ; Power consumption: 1 W , 2 W ; Frequency (hertz): AC 5 Hz
- Touch Sensor: No
Conclusion: Pick the Best Room Heater for Your Space & Stay Cozy This Winter
We have learned about the best room heater choices and what features to look for before buying one. There are many room heater options available. These room heaters work best in different types of spaces and can help you stay warm this winter.